Residential Recycling Facility
This facility is for Montgomery County residents only. Please bring a valid photo ID showing your current address.
1122 Pruitt Rd, Spring, TX 77380
Paint and Household Chemicals:
Only accepted on Wednesdays and the 3rd Saturday of the month.
See below for details.
MATERIALS ACCEPTED FOR DROP OFF
ITEMS SHOULD BE SORTED INTO THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES
- #1, #2, #3-7 food containers
- *Turn item over to find number in triangle
- Styrofoam – separated from other materials
- Only food and beverage containers
- Clear, brown, blue, and green
- Must be rinsed and without lids
- *No window panes, drinking glasses, ceramic or Pyrex
- Beverage cans
- Some food cans
- Must be strained
- Plant-based oils only
- No animal fats
- Cereal, cracker, and corrugated boxes
- Paper cores
- Junk mail, office and school paper
- Newspapers, magazines and phonebooks
- Tin cans
- Appliances – refrigerators, washers, dryers, microwaves, some dishwashers, etc.
- Yard equipment – lawnmowers, trimmers/edgers,
- Miscellaneous metal items – tubing, hand tools, plumbing fixtures, etc.
- Motor Oil
- Oil Filters
- TVs and monitors
- CPUs, laptops, cell phones, and tablets
- Printer/scanner/fax machines
- Fluorescent bulbs – tubes & CFLs
- Other miscellaneous electronics
- Residential home improvement – wood, sheetrock, flooring, fixtures, etc.
- Furniture – chairs, couches, tables, beds, mattresses, rugs, etc.
- Miscellaneous household items
- Leaves, grass clippings, and trimmings – must be bagged
- Branches and logs up to 6 inches in diameter
- Logs over 6 inches in diameter will be charged as landfill
- No dirt, soil, or sod will be accepted
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED
Ammunition | Dioxins | Explosives | Fireworks | Flares | Helium tanks | Medical Waste | Medication | Oxygen Tanks | PCBs | Pressurized Cylinders | Propane Tanks | Radioactive Materials | Refrigerant (“Freon”) | Smoke Detectors
We DO NOT accept any business generated waste.
PAINT AND HOUSEHOLD CHEMICALS
ACCEPTED EVERY WEDNESDAY AND THE 3RD SATURDAY OF THE MONTH
$10 per 5 gallons of materials; cash or check only.
- Cleaners and polishes
- Drain cleaners
- Thermometers, thermostats and other mercury-containing items
- Pool Chemicals
- Oil-based paints
- Latex paint
- Stains and varnishes
- Spray paint
- Turpentine and solvents
- Craft and hobby chemicals